Our Terms and COnditions of Service
1. A 10% service surcharge applies on Sundays and Public Holidays.
2. A 5% gratuity applies to large groups (15+ people) reservations as a courtesy to our staff.
3. Reservations between 5 PM and 8 PM have a standard 2-hour maximum seating time.
4. Although we love to accommodate most request, we do not split bills. We strongly recommend you have cash money with you. If that is not the case, there are several ATM's conveniently installed in the area.
5. To secure a reservation, Macchiato requires a credit or debit card on file. Your card will not be charged any deposit upon reservation, however, no-shows or cancellation occurred later than 24 hours prior to the reservation time will incur a fee. All reservations are guaranteed to the value of $15 per person.
5.1 During Event & Festivity Times* our cancellation notice extends to 72 hours. Although charging for a cancellation is something we dislike doing and rarely enforce, a last minute large group cancellation causes a great loss in business, both in missed sales and empty tables. We encourage our customers to communicate to us any changes to their plans as soon as possible to avoid unpleasant situations.
6. All cake orders need be placed no less than 72 hours prior the pick up date to give our pastry chef time enough time to bake your cake.
7. All refunds for cake order cancellations will depend on whether or not the product has already been wholly or partially prepared.
8. Macchiato is a 250-seat venue with large spaces, windows and, on occasions, live music. When booking, let us know if you need a table in a quieter area. Although we are happy to assign a quieter table, we cannot guarantee silence in our open-plan restaurant.
9. All dinner reservations (5 PM onwards) larger than 14 people require a Set Menus. We accommodate and cater for most dietary requirements.
10. All lunch reservations (12 PM - 4:30 PM) for groups larger than 14 people, alternatively to a Set Menu, may use our A La Carte menu and fill in a pre-order form. Pre-orders need be sent to email@example.com by and no later than 10 AM of the same day of the relevant reservation. You may find our pre-order form here.
11. Macchiato is a fully licensed venue. We do allow BYO wine and dessert. Corkage ($8/bottle) and Cakage ($1.50/person) apply. Any other alcoholic beverage other than wine will not be accepted as BYO.
12. NSW Responsible Service of Alcohol regulations apply at all times. Alcohol is served from 10 AM to 11.30 PM every day - exceptions made on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, NYE and Good Friday. On Sundays, service of alcohol stops at 10 PM.
13. Drink Packages do not include any items which are not explicitly advertised.
14. All-you-can-eat Menus, Set Menus and Drink Packages start from the time of reservation and have a duration of 2 hours (food packages) and 1.5 hours (drink packages). Macchiato will not be held responsible for guest delays or no-shows
15. Set Menu per-person fees are calculated based on the number of guests of a reservation. No-shows and drop outs may be charged up to the full price of the Set Menu to compensate Macchiato for any products that may have already been prepared or expenses that may have been sustained.
16. Food and drinks not purchased at Macchiato will no be admitted into the venue.
17. Gift Vouchers do not have a time validity (unless explicitly stated otherwise) and can be used indefinitely; however, it is not possible to partially use a voucher. Vouchers can only be used to their full amount.
*Event & Festivity Times: Public Holidays; Melbourne Cup day; 1st December - 4th January;